Why should you join the Chamber?
Joining the Cordova Chamber of Commerce is a sound business decision: Credibility: 69% of consumers believe that chamber membership is a sign of a reputable, stable business. 70% believe that it demonstrates that you use good business practices. Being a member of the chamber gives your business credibility.
Publicity & Exposure: Chamber members receive real exposure through our website – business category listings, businesss directory, hyperlinks and display ads.
Signature Events Sponsorship: You can highlight your business by sponsoring signature events that are open to the entire community: Cordova Iceworm Festival, Copper River Delta Shorebird Festival, the Old Time 4th of July Celebration, Cordova Fungus Festival, and the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting and Christmas Kickoff all provide excellent exposure for your name and logo.
Business Referral Services: We get hundreds of on-line searches and calls each year from individuals checking to see if a business is a chamber member or asking that we refer a business to fill their needs. We refer only chamber members. We are often the first contact with visitors planning a trip to Cordova or their first stop upon arriving to town.
Get Involved: Membership in the Chamber is an investment in your business future as well as our community's future. Experience the rewards of volunteering your time and talent to help make the community where you live and work a better place. As a chamber member you will help sustain and improve the quality of life that you, your family and your employees enjoy.
Please contact Cathy Long, Cordova Chamber of Commerce at 907-424-7260.
Your membership dues may be tax deductable - check with your tax preparer.
A few benefits of Chamber membership:
• Contributing to the stability of your local chamber of commerce and actively participating in your local business community.
• Front line contact with new members of the community by way of our Newcomers Welcome Events.
• Front line contact with visitors to Cordova by way of website listings, display ads and chamber referrals.
• Sponsorship and advertising opportunities for community events.
• Business advocacy at City Hall, the Courthouse, and our State Capitol.
• Close contact with elected officials at both the city and state levels through legislative visits sponsored by the Chamber as well as Candidate forums during local elections.
• Inclusion in our “Shop Cordova First” campaign.
• Low cost targeted advertising on our new web site.